- This event has passed.
Family Bushcraft Experience
August 13 @ 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Firstly, this one-day family bushcraft course is designed for an adult to accompany their child(ren) whilst you learn together. It’s perfect for parents or grandparents wanting introduce their kids to the secrets of making fire, building shelters and also the joys of bushcraft. Whether you’re planning a family camping trip or simply want to gain confidence in wilderness-living skills then this course is for you. You will even receive your very own fire-steel set to take away.
If it’s raining, no problem. James will also show you how to find dry firewood in the forest and start a campfire, even on a wet day. All the above skills will be presented in a fun and engaging way that will appeal to both adults and children. You’ll go away feeling confident and with the right tools to be able to have wilderness adventures of your own with your kids.
- Crafting your own real leather drawstring pouch; to keep your firelighting kit safe and dry
- Creating your perfect woodland getaway, using all natural materials
- Developing sharp tool skills; safe techniques for knife, axe & saw
- identifying and gathering a range of natural tinders & building materials, right from the forest
- Choosing the best wild campsite; awareness of hazards, habitats and weather
- Lighting fires that will stay lit… no need for damp matches ever again
- Cooking traditional damper bread over your own campfire
- Making your own string from nettles
- Witnessing the ancient art of Fire by Friction, and have a go for yourself
- Daring you take the “Rain-Proof Challenge” with your finished shelter?
Activities are most suitable for children aged 7 years and over.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
James is a Bushcraft Instructor and Forest School Leader. He has been working in environmental conservation over over 10 years now and received the Bushcraft Competency Certificate awarded through the Institute for Outdoor Learning after 2 years of study. He was also the Project Manager for Long Wood Community Woodland, the largest community owned woodland in Wales, overseeing management of 300 acres of broadleaf and conifer forest.
Get in touch if you’d like to know more phone – 07876 794 098
Finally, for more July events, click here.
Image by Bowl_Of_Nicole on Pixabay.com.