Did you buy your first ever bike during lockdown, upgrade your ride or even learn to cycle for the very first time? Well, if you did, Hope House have just the challenge for you!!
Sign up to the Hope House & Tŷ Gobaith virtual cycle challenge and cycle 100 miles in August to get your hands on your very own limited-edition medal and foldable water bottle!
In Desperate Need of Help
When the country went into lockdown, Hope House Children’s Hospice income dropped drastically overnight and they faced having to call off most, if not all, of their fundraising activities. The popular annual cycle challenge which was due to take part on 9th August was one of the events that sadly they have had to cancel.
The event regularly saw around 200 cyclists taking part and raised over £10,000, making a massive difference to local children and their families. The charity’s fundraising team wanted to keep the challenge going and also needed to do everything they could to limit this year’s loss of income. They have therefore come up with an alternate virtual event and are asking cyclists to get on their bike and cycle 100 miles in August.
This challenge will be a great activity to do with your friends and family; not to mention getting you into shape and boosting your mental health. You will also be making a huge difference to seriously ill local children and their families who desperately need help right now.
What you need to know:
- £20 per individual entrant;
- £50 for a family of four; or
- £75 for a family of six
- Simply sign up today and complete your 100 miles in August, however and whenever you like! It is totally up to you: a one-off 100-mile ride, 25 miles a week or just over three miles a day for the whole
- Take part as an individual or sign up as a
- You can also buy a Hope House cycle jersey to show your support during the event, please select this from the ticket option on the Hope House web page (hopehouse.org.uk) and click on “Cycle 100 Miles In August”.
- Please ensure you adhere to the current government guidelines for wherever you
- Sign up to “Cycle 100 Miles In August” at hopehouse.org.uk.
Hope House Children’s Hospices need to raise over £6.3 million every year to keep their doors open and service running. With additional PPE costs now increasing this need and the drastic reduction of their income, this year is going to be their most challenging yet. The children and families supported by Hope House Children’s Hospices need your support now more than ever.
Their contact is Cat Dowdeswell – Area Fundraiser for Wrexham, Whitchurch and Market Drayton, Hope House Children’s Hospices, Nant Lane, Morda, Oswestry, Shropshire SY10 9BX. Mobile: 07391 865 489; Landline: 01691 671 671.
To keep up to date with our community charities, click here.