2020 will mark the 10th edition of the FOCUS Wales international showcase festival in Wrexham. This event has just been shortlisted for a UK Festival Award and a European Festival Award. Over 250 acts from Wales and around the world will descend upon Wrexham across 7th-9th May. FOCUS Wales can now reveal a second wave of new music acts will be playing the 2020 festival joining the likes of Gruff Rhys, Flamingods, Catrin Finch and Sekou Keita, The Breath, and JOHN, who were announced last month.
Amongst the latest acts announced are:
- One of the best live acts in the world right now, the Grammy nominated Altın Gün, will be bringing their Turkish psych rock to Wrexham.
- Joining them on the bill are Heavenly Records’ electro-pop three piece Stealing Sheep, who released their critically-acclaimed third album earlier this year.
- Welsh Music Prize nominees HMS Morris return to FOCUS Wales in 2020, having just completed a tour and residency in Japan this autumn.
- Post-punk mavens The Membranes make a comeback.
- There will be a debut appearance for the UK’s new buzz band Chinatown Slalom, following Radio 1 plays and recent features in Pitchfork and NME.
Other artists announced include Casi, Karima Francis, Chroma, Meilir, Breichiau Hir, Hyll, Port Erin, Tim And Sam’s Tim And The Sam Band, Drinking Boys And Girls Choir plus artists from Canada, Germany, Ireland, Korea and the Netherlands.
To see the full list of acts announced so far, visit focuswales.com.
180 more acts are still to be announced!
FOCUS Wales has become Wales’ biggest music industry event with three days of panels, keynote talks, and industry advice.
The festival will see over 400 music industry professionals descend upon Wrexham from around the world. The latest speakers announced include Jason Mayall (Fuji Rocks Festival, Japan), Fanny Lambotte (Those Damned Artists), John Fisher (Old Blue Last, London), Marie Moreno (Miles Agency, France) and Rob McGee (Empire Agency).
To see the full list of delegates, visit focuswales.com.