A new fund has been announced to help the rural economy of Wales recover from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Hundreds of projects boosting the rural economy, enhancing biodiversity and improving food sector resilience throughout Wales will be backed by a £106m financial investment for the next three years.
A number of new schemes will also be developed in response to the pandemic and other challenges such as the UK’s imminent EU exit.
Those projects include:
- Woodland creation and restoration;
- Building resilience into Wales’ natural resources and improving biodiversity;
- Helping food businesses to improve their supply chains, business resilience;
- Supporting farm businesses to help ensure their sustainability;
- Delivering food and drink sector Covid-19 Recovery Strategy.