Government Lockdown Relaxation Announcement. Following Mark Drakeford’s announcement on Friday 15th March, four people from two households will be able to meet outdoors to socialise, including in gardens. Also, outdoor sports facilities, including basketball courts, tennis courts and golf courses, can reopen and indoor care home visits will restart for single designated visitors.
From Monday, all primary pupils and those in qualifications years will return. Schools will have the flexibility to bring year 10 and 12 learners back and more learners will return to colleges.
There will also be flexibility for in-school check-ins for all other pupils. All learners will return after the Easter break.
Hairdressers and barbers can reopen for appointments from today, Monday 15th March.
From Monday 22nd March, non-essential retail will start reopening gradually as restrictions disappear on what can be sold in shops that are currently open. Garden centres will also be able to open. All shops, including all close-contact services, will be able to open from Monday 12th April 2021 – the same date as in England.
For further information, please visit gov.wales.
The First Minister outlined how they will be taking a phased approach to unlocking each sector – starting with schools. They will make step-by-step changes each week to gradually restore freedom. The government will carefully monitor each change so they can ascertain the impact they have had on Wales’ public health situation.
The First Minister also announced an additional £150 million to support businesses affected by ongoing restrictions. Click here for our related articles.
- stay local, usually around five miles
- not meet other households indoors
Self-isolate and get a test if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
Recent and upcoming changes
From 13th March
- Stay-at-home restrictions lifted. People able to travel within their local area.
- People can meet family and friends who live locally as long as it is outdoors. A maximum of four people from two households can meet as long as they socially distance.
- Outdoor sports courts, including golf courses, can reopen.
- Indoor-care-home visits can begin again with a single designated visitor.
From 15th March
- More learners can return to schools and education settings.
- Hairdressers and barbers can reopen for appointments.
Find out more about current restrictions.
We hope you found “Government Lockdown Relaxation Announcement” useful. To read more of our Covid-19-related stories, please click here.