When only the biggest burger will do, bite down on the Slimming World Big Daddy burger! Two juicy beef burgers and loads of salad in a toasted bun – and we’ve thrown in a fried egg for good measure! Make the whole family happy and put the Big Daddy burger on the menu!
6½ Syns per serving
25 minutes preparation time
** Deduct 6 Syns if using wholemeal bread rolls as a healthy extra ‘B’ choice **.
If you want to save Syns, serve your burgers between cooked portobello mushroom “baps” instead of the bread roll. Any uncooked burgers can be frozen.
- One finely chopped medium onion
- Four crushed garlic cloves
- 1kg of lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- Two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Four 60g wholemeal rolls
- Four eggs
- Sliced tomato, lettuce leaves and sliced red onion to serve
- Four level tablespoons of reduced salt and sugar tomato ketchup
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Put the onion, garlic, beef and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl. Season lightly and mix together. Divide the mixture into eight equal portions and shape them into burgers.
- Spray the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the eggs and fry to your liking.
- Split and toast the rolls, then fill with the tomato, lettuce, red onion, burgers and ketchup. Top with the eggs, season lightly and hold it all in place with a cocktail stick if needed.
- Serve hot with Slimming World chips and salad.
Thanks to Slimming World for this mouthwatering burger recipe.
We hope you enjoyed our article “Recipe: The Big Daddy Burger”. For more of our recipe features, click here.
The beautiful cover shot is courtesy of Slimming World.