Local-Lockdown Business Fund
Wrexham County Borough Council has introduced a local-lockdown business fund for the purpose of combating operational and financial challenges caused by the Covid-19 restrictions.
Businesses can apply for this fund when their local area has been in lockdown for a minimum of 21 days. Applications will open for businesses on or shortly after the 28th day of local restrictions being in place. Your local authority will administer this scheme.
Business must demonstrate a drop in turnover greater than 40% due to the local lockdown to qualify for these grants.
The fund consists of two separate grants:
1. The Local-Lockdown Non-Domestic Rate Grant (available to businesses paying business rates)
- A grant of £1,500 for retail, leisure and hospitality businesses occupying properties with a rateable value of between £12,001 and £51,000.
- A grant of £1,000 to businesses eligible for small-business rate relief in Wales with a rateable value of £12,000 or less.
You do not qualify if you are eligible for or have received the Local Lockdown Discretionary Grant. Correspondingly, check the guidance document for additional information and exceptions.
2. The Local-Lockdown Discretionary Grant
- A grant of £1,500 to retail, leisure and hospitality businesses that do not pay business rates.
- A grant of £1,000 to businesses not in the retail, leisure and hospitality sector not paying business rates.
You do not qualify if you are eligible for or have received the Local Lockdown Non-Domestic Rate Grant. Correspondingly, see the guidance document for exceptions and further information.
Applications will be dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis. Consequently, this may lead to applications not being appraised after submission if the fund is fully committed.
More important information on how the coronavirus restrictions are affecting NE Wales is available on our website here.