Enhanced lockdown discretionary grant
The Welsh Government have launched an enhanced lockdown discretionary grant to help businesses survive the economic consequences of the national firebreak lockdown in Wales as a result of coronavirus (Covid-19).
Purpose of the Grant
The purpose of the grant is to support businesses with immediate cash flow support to help them survive the economic consequences of the national firebreak lockdown in Wales. This includes supporting the costs of retaining staff where appropriate. The grant seeks to complement other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises
and charitable organisations in Wales.
The grant is now open for applications and will close at 5pm on the 20th November 2020 or when the fund is fully committed.
Business Wales provides tailored support to start-up, micro and small and medium-sized businesses in Wales. The service can help you understand what your needs are. Additionally, it can provide tailored support packages, including access to online tools, workshops, specialist advisers and mentors. In addition to working with you on a business diagnostic and action plan, our advisers can also provide targeted financial advice and access other support that you might benefit from.
To find out more, please visit www.businesswales.gov.wales.
Grant amount 1
– a discretionary grant of £1,500 is available to assist businesses that have:
- Had to close (as defined by the regulations) as a result of the national firebreak lockdown;
- OR are able to demonstrate that the national firebreak lockdown will result in at least an 80% reduction in their turnover for that period.
Grant amount 2
– a discretionary grant of £2,000 is available to assist businesses that have:
- Been forced to close (as defined by the regulations) as a result of the national firebreak lockdown;
- OR are able to demonstrate that the national firebreak lockdown will result in at least a 80% reduction in their turnover for that period;
- AND have been subject to local restrictions for 3 weeks or more up to the 23rd October and experienced at least a 50% reduction in their turnover for that period.
You cannot apply for Grant 1 AND Grant 2.
You are not eligible for this grant if you are eligible for, or have received, the Lockdown Non-Domestic Rate Grant.
For further information on this grant, please read the Lockdown Discretionary Grant guidance document.
We hope you found this update to the Economic Resilience Fund Phase 3 Business Development Grant useful. For more of our articles informing you about business and general updates on Covid-19, please click here.