Here are a few fabulous fun facts to share with your friends and family! – You can read more fun facts from our previous articles, here.
‘Diamond’s Are Forever’
- The World Trade Center’s most famous survivor and president of its support group, Tania Head, was later found to be a fraud: she wasn’t even in NYC on 9/11.
- The Godfather films never mention the word “mafia” because the actual mafia demanded it.
- Every Apple iPhone ad displays the time as 9:41am, the time Steve Jobs unveiled it in 2007.
- People convicted of drug possession and trafficking in Singapore receive the death penalty.
- Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
Jesus Turns Water Into Wine, Earthquakes Turn Water Into Gold
- Earthquakes turn water into gold.
- The Isle of Man allowed some women to vote in 1881. Twelve years before New Zealand became the first self governing country to permit this.
- California contains the highest point (Mount Whitney) and the lowest point (Death Valley) in the contiguous United States.
- In 2001, Argentina had five presidents in 10 days.
- There are more English words beginning with the letter “s” than with any other letter.
At Least There Are No Mole Holes
- In some European countries, children receive their gifts on December 6th rather than on Christmas Day.
- Christianity was the main religion in Egypt between the fourth and sixth centuries.
- Dogs have 13 blood types, cows nine and horses eight. Humans only have four.
- Due to its isolation from the European mainland, Ireland lacks several species common in Europe, such as moles, weasels, polecats or roe deer.
- The first car speeding conviction was for 8mph.
Party Like It’s… 2013!
- India’s Kumbh Mela Festival attracts 100 million people. The world’s biggest gathering of humans.
- The invention of glow sticks came from the work of scientist Edwin Chandross. He didn’t know his work was being used for parties until 2013.
- The inventor of roller skates first demonstrated them by hurtling into a party while playing the violin and crashing into a huge mirror.
- Traffic in central London moves at the same speed as horse-drawn carriages a century ago.
- An educated female population increases a country’s productivity and fuels economic growth. Some countries lose more than US$1 billion a year by failing to educate girls to the same level as boys.
Too ‘Mush’room To Grow
- You can change your language on Facebook to “Pirate” (web-version only).
- Before trees were common, giant mushrooms covered the Earth.
- The Simpsons holds the record for longest running primetime animated TV series and most guest stars featured in a television series.
- A father’s diet before conception plays a crucial role in a child’s health.
- Michael Jackson wanted to do a Harry Potter musical, but JK Rowling said no.
Think Before You Drink!
- “Happy hours” are banned in Ireland.
- Over 90% of American movies made before 1929 are lost, no copies are known to exist.
- Pineapples contain bromelain. This enzyme is so strong that processors have to wear protective gloves, otherwise it eats away at the skin on their face and hands, leaving dry skin and small sores.
- Researchers are debating adding internet addiction to the list of mental disorders.
- It only takes six minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.