Firstly, we have some interesting facts for you to read and to impress your friends with. If you would like to read more fun facts, click here.
- An average of nearly one tourist died every week in Hawaii from 2012 to 2015.
- Italy is home to the largest number of Unesco World Heritage Sites with 50.
- The CIA once tried to create spy cats by implanting recording devices into their ears.
- Japan has more than 50,000 people who are over 100 years old.
- It takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds for light to travel from the sun to the earth.
Don’t be in ‘de-Nile’
- There are viruses that infect bacteria.
- With over 95.5 million inhabitants as of 2019, Egypt is the most populous country in the Arab world and the third-most populous in Africa.
- In English-speaking countries, the most popular names for dogs are Max and Molly.
- Animals, including pigs, horses, and even insects, could be tried and convicted of crimes for several centuries across many parts of Europe.
- On its one-year anniversary, Nasa’s Curiosity Rover sang “Happy Birthday” to itself on Mars.
Let’s ‘taco’ bout Mexico
- The International Space Station is the most expensive object ever built, at US$150 billion.
- Mexico’s official name is United Mexican States.
- Mexico is the 11th most populous country in the world with 121 million people.
- Mexico also has 68 official languages.
- Women are approximately likely than men to suffer from major depression.
A Nap Makes Everything Better
- There are more skin cancer cases due to indoor tanning than lung cancer cases due to smoking.
- A full day on the moon, from one sunrise to the next, lasts about 29.5 Earth days on average.
- Giraffes only need 5 to 30 minutes of sleep in a 24-hour period.
- New Zealand was undiscovered and completely devoid of human beings no more than 800 years ago.
- It takes six months to make an episode of The Simpsons.
- Most of New Zealand’s population of 4.5 million is of European descent. The indigenous Maori are the largest minority at almost 15%.
- It only takes six minutes for brain cells to react to alcohol.
- Alcohol is not digested; it is absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
- In 1986, a volcanic lake in Cameroon, Africa expelled a C02 gas cloud that killed 1,746 people in minutes.
- The weird bright dots you see floating when you look at the sky are your white blood cells.
Orange You Shocked About That?!
- Oranges are not even in the list of common foods when it comes to vitamin C levels.
- Mount Everest has about 200 dead bodies on it, which are now landmarks on the way to the top.
- Coffee beans aren’t beans. They are fruit pits.