Twenty-Minute Kings and Monkeys’ Distinctive Bottoms? – We have some interesting facts for you! To read more fun facts, click here.
- Humans have caused 322 animal extinctions over the past 500 years.
- The world’s most popular fruit is the tomato.
- Louis XIX was King ofFrance for just 20 minutes.
- The wars between Romans and Persians lasted about 721 years, the longest conflict in human history.
- There’s a nude beach under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
Don’t Worry, Beer Happy
- At the World Wife-Carrying Championships in Finland, first prize is the wife’s weight in beer.
- There’s a golf club on the border of Sweden and Finland: nine holes are in one country and nine in the other.
- The doctor who claimed a link between vaccines and autism, Andrew Wakefield, created fraudulent data for his paper and lost his medical license as a result.
- Dinosaurs are not technically extinct, since birds are considered by science as a type of dinosaur.
- Africa is larger than China, USA, India, Mexico and a big part of Europe combined.
A Roast To Coffee!
- Right-handed people tend to chew food on the right side while the left-handed tend to chew on the left side.
- Coffee is one of the world’s most valuable traded commodities, second only to petroleum.
- As late as 1985, doctors believed babies didn’t feel pain and conducted infant surgery with no anaesthesia.
- There’s only one stop-sign in the entire city of Paris.
- Millionaire Harris Rosen adopted an urban neighborhood in Florida, giving all families daycare, boosting the graduation rate by 75%, and cutting the crime rate in half.
- In 1994, a 5 stone bag of cocaine fell out of a plane and landed in the middle of a Florida crimewatch meeting.
- Chimpanzees can identify each other from pictures of their bums.
- People with unfortunate initials, such as PIG or ASS have significant lower life expectancy, due to psychological stress related to childhood bullying.
- Although myths and speculation about a “Southern Land” date back to antiquity, Antarctica was only first sighted in 1820 by a Russian expedition.
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
- Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s.
- Ronald McDonald is called Donald McDonald in Japan due to there being no clear “r” sound in Japanese.
- Every year, Walt Disney World’s “Lost and Found” collects more than 6,000 cell phones, 3,500 digital cameras, and 18,000 hats.
- Disney owns 80% of ESPN, the American international basic cable sports channel.
- “Happy hours” are banned in Ireland.
- The Irish surname prefix “Mac” means “son of”, while “O” means “descendant of”.
- Every day, your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles.
- Listening to music while working out measurably improves physical performance.
- You don’t like the original version of a song because it’s better. You like it because it’s the one you heard first.
- Koala bears aren’t bears: they’re marsupials.