Sleep to Lose Weight and Sly Buying His Dog Back! – We have some very interesting facts for you! To read more fun facts, click here.
Can You Lick Your Elbow?
- It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow.
- Cucumber is a fruit.
- Gold has been discovered on every continent on earth.
- Cuddling triggers the same neurological reaction as taking painkillers.
- The moon is moving away from us by 1.48 inches (3.78cm) a year.
Get Your Groove On
- Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
- Lack of sleep can cause a weight gain of 2 pounds (0.9 kg) in under a week.
- The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
- A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- Almost a third of San Francisco’s air pollution comes from China.
It’s All About Improv
- Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day’s work, plus €10 and tobacco.
- Leo da Vinci used to buy caged animals at the market just to set them free.
- Research shows that drama classes are particularly useful for improving the social skills of autistic children.
- When D-Day forces landed, Hitler was asleep. None of his generals dared send reinforcements without his permission, and nobody dared wake him.
- The estimated number of dinosaur species that existed in the Mesozoic era is between 1,543 and 2,468.
Slow and Steady Does Not Win The Race Against Bruce Lee
- Humans and dogs first became best friends 30,000 years ago.
- Bruce Lee was so fast, they actually had to run his films slower so that you could see his moves.
- Eskimos use refrigerators to stop their food from freezing.
- Giraffes make no sound. Not because they can’t, but they choose not to.
- Oxford University is older than the Aztecs.
Do You Ap-peach-iate Almonds?
- The average person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools.
- A Marijuana-derived compound forces cancer cells to freeze and prevents them from spreading.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
- Our galaxy probably contains at least two billion planets like Earth.
- Sylvester Stallone was so poor at one point, he had to sell his dog for US$50. After selling the script for Rocky, he bought him back for U$3,000.
That is So-da-pressing!
- Picasso burnt most of his early work to keep his apartment warm because he was poor.
- The world’s first labour strike was held on the site of a pyramid.
- Peanut oil can be processed to produce glycerol, a component of the explosive liquid nitro-glycerine used in dynamite.
- One can of soda a day increases your chances of getting type-2 diabetes by 22%.
- Atomic bomb tests were a major tourist attraction in Las Vegas during the 1950s.