Firstly, throughout history, our ancestors have relied on herbs and spices, not only for cooking, but for their healing properties. Few have survived the test of time quite like turmeric, arguably the most well-studied dietary supplement in modern natural medicine.
Secondly, Turmeric root powder originates from the Curcuma longa plant, a species of ginger native to Southeast Asia. The curcuminoids within it have potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity with a wide variety of uses and health benefits and very few side effects.
Moreover, the best turmeric supplements have a combination of curcumin and black pepper (piperine) to enhance absorption and maximize efficacy. What are the health benefits of turmeric and curcumin pills?
(1) They help arthritis and joint pain
(2) They reduce chronic inflammation, including back pain
(3) They aid weight loss
(4) They improve skin health
(5) They are a natural blood thinner
(6) They help regulate cholesterol and fight disease and chronic conditions. Such as:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Candida overgrowth
- Irritable and inflammatory bowel syndromes
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
(7) They enhance brain function and reduce anxiety and depression
(8) They improve allergies and asthma
(9) They aid liver detoxification
(10) They also help with headaches and migraines
Final Thoughts on The Health Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin
If you’re wondering “what is turmeric good for”, the answer is almost everything. It’s important to note that turmeric supplements are not a cure. The unique medicinal properties of curcumin, have shown significant health benefits and also uses in modern natural medicine.
Please find the recommended turmeric dosage here.
The difference between turmeric and curcumin can also be found by going to this link.
Finally, In nearly every study, turmeric root extract has demonstrated that it’s effective, well-tolerated at higher dosages and void of adverse side-effects. If you’re considering adding turmeric and curcumin pills to your regimen, always consult with a doctor or primary care physician, first. It’s also vital to make sure that any dietary supplement you’re taking does not conflict with any pre-existing medications.
Article adapted by kind permission from Lyfe Botanicals, also for more detailed information on all the health benefits listed above, please see the full article at https://lyfebotanicals.com/health/turmeric-benefits/